My office hours are Monday – Friday between 9.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m and ONLY by appointment.
Sometimes I can offer appointments on the same day or the next day.
If I do not answer the telephone or reply to an email within 24 hours please assume that I am not available and make other arrangements. I used to offer evening and weekend appointments but now only do so in exceptional circumstances.
My standard charging rate is £250 per hour. My minimum fee is £70.00
I am willing to attend business clients at their offices. In addition to my standard charging rate for attendances, preparing documents and so on I charge travel time at 50% of my standard charging rate and 60p per mile outside the South Yorkshire area. Within South Yorkshire I do not charge for mileage.
I am not registered for VAT so none is payable on my fees.
Each notarial matter is different and the requirements will vary according to whether the client is a private individual or a company. Some of the typical key stages may include:
- Receiving and reviewing the documents to be notarized together with any instructions you may have received.
- Liasing with your legal advisors or other bodies to obtain the necessary documentation to deal with the document (e.g information from Companies House or foreign registries, powers of attorney etc)
- Checking the identity, capacity, and authority of the person who is to sign the document.
- If a document is to be certified as a copy I need to see the original document.
- Meeting with signatory to verify their identity and to ascertain that they understand what they are signing and that they are doing so of their own free will and ensuring that the document is executed correctly.
- Drafting and affixing or endorsing a notarial certificate to the document.
- Arranging for the legalisation of the document as appropriate.
- Arranging for the storage of copies of all notarized documents in accordance with the requirements of the Notarial Practice Rules 2019.
When I understand what a transaction involves I will give an estimate for the fee. When appropriate I will also let you know the cost of disbursements such as an Apostille from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Consular legalization, agents, postages, courier, translator and so on.
I will also let you know how long an appointment is likely to take and if required how long legalization will take.
For payment I will accept the following:
- Debit or Credit card other than American Express
- Online banking
Obviously I will always issue an invoice.
"Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated, especially due to the time restraints"
"Thank you for your kind and professional service today. Its refreshing in this day and age to do business with a nice professional!"
"Thank you again for your very efficient and professional service"
"Thanks for making this happen, I know time was short and I could not have done this without your help"