COMPLAINTS AND REGULATION
1. My Notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not include any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Tel: 01604 758 908 Email: email@example.com
If you have difficulty in making a complaint in writing please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure of after a period of 6 months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result:
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman
you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months from
the conclusion of the complaint process and 6 years from the date of act/omission or 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint ( only if the act/or omission took place more than 6 years ago).
The act or omission or when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint must have been after 5th October 2010
*certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman – please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.
"Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated, especially due to the time restraints"
"Thank you for your kind and professional service today. Its refreshing in this day and age to do business with a nice professional!"
"Thank you again for your very efficient and professional service"
"Thanks for making this happen, I know time was short and I could not have done this without your help"